Kyabram District Health Service
Physical activity, mental health and wellbeing and healthy eating
Tips and activities
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Kyabram District Health Service has been proactive in changing the way it does things, a few of the healthy changes are noted below.
- A weekly Wednesday Wellness newsletter for staff, which goes on the intranet. Newsletter content includes healthy recipes, exercise tips, home schooling resources, positive wellbeing information and, recently, prizes to commemorate staff on the amazing work they've been doing during this difficult time. The community also gets to view the newsletter via Kyabram District Health Service's Facebook page.
- Our physiotherapists and yoga wellness worker have started to provide weekly exercise videos for staff to access and practice whilst at work. Staff can view these on the intranet.
- The dietitians are providing free consultations to staff.
- 3 for 3, a short game of basketball, which is played at 3pm every Friday by the Primary Health team as way to get active and boost mental health and wellbeing.
- Participation in the Premier's Active April challenge, which includes a competition against other health organisations in our local area. Our team has a Facebook page to help circulate information and provide encouraging messages.
- Changes to our morning and afternoon tea, it is now delivered to each department so we can all still enjoy the food baked by the food service team.